NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH CONFERENCE
The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) sponsors two major gatherings: the National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry (NCCYM) for adults (held in even-numbered years ) and the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) for our youth (held in odd-numbered years.) NCYC is the largest single gathering of Catholic teens in the United States. Dioceses from across the country send delegations and youth serving agencies and publishers such as Ave Maria Press, St. Mary’s Press, the Center for Ministry Development, Group Publishing, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Life Teen, Catholic Heart Workcamp, etc. collaborate in the planning and hosting of the convention. Some 22,000 teenagers attended NCYC 2015! NCYC is a convention: it includes the experience of larger-church, formation opportunities in various workshops, prayer and liturgy, inspiring keynotes, contemporary Christian musicians, vocation exhibitors, and the opportunity to meet other Catholic teens from around the country. This year, TobyMac will be the headliner for Thursday night's opening session! The Archdiocese of New Orleans has always been well-represented; the Archbishops of New Orleans have personally attended in 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013, and 2015.
Attendance at NCYC is coordinated by each U.S. diocese and it will be soon time to start planning for the Archdiocese of New Orleans to participate in NCYC 2017 in Indianapolis, Indiana. If you have brought your parish/school group in the past, then you know a lot of what to expect at NCYC. If you have never been, I encourage you to consider joining the archdiocesan delegation for NCYC 2017. A promotional video is available for viewing/download at www.ncyc.info. Our office can also provide a DVD of the promo video for your use. Enclosed is important information to begin your preparations and secure space with us:
• Attend a gathering of some 23,000 Catholic teenagers from around the country
• It only happens once every two years!
• Meet new friends, hear national speakers on topics that matter to teens, attend great workshops, celebrate Eucharist, enjoy fantastic music,
• Travel with 150 other youth from the Archdiocese of New Orleans
• Make memories at a gathering of the “big church” like you’ve never experienced before and see that being young and Catholic is popular, energetic, and filled with hope!
• Go to www.ncyc.info for info, promo video, and theme song
Dates: November 15, 2017 (evening departure) – November 19, 2017 (evening return)